- 06-Dec-2012 to 10-Apr-2013 (CST)
- JDL Technologies
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Consulting Engineer/NOC Supervisor will provide direct oversight of large scale enterprise wired and wireless network design, data center architecture and maintenance, and other complex network integration projects. The Senior Consulting Engineer/NOC Supervisor will provide consulting services to C-level clients and will be responsible for ensuring quality, performance and optimization of resources, cost effectiveness, professionalism and customer satisfaction across all Network Operations Center functions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
• Manage the day to day operations of an Enterprise Network Operations Center managing more than 13000 network devices, 800 servers and 110,000 end point devices
• Reviews progress and evaluates results.
• Leads complex technical projects
• Generate and analyze network performance reports
• Assists with the review and evaluation of personnel performance.
• Provide support for enterprise class network infrastructure including routing, switching, firewalls and other related software and equipment
• Provides high level technical assistance to Network Engineers
• Act in technical consulting capacity with client departments, divisions and organizations.
• Communicate proactively with network operations staff and customer for problem identification and resolution.
• Ability to take a more advanced role in troubleshooting and/or developing a specific area of expertise.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Nature & Scope:
• Reports to Vice President/General Manager
• Direct reports of .up to 6 engineers
• Duties include 2-3 days per week as primary NOC Supervisor and remaining time providing technical network consulting locally.
Environmental Job Requirements Category: E1
ADA Category: 1
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Strong technical background with documented achievement through certifications and work experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage effectively.
• Strong technical background in large enterprise level network integration
• Provide consultative technical expertise to C-level clients.
• Experience in data center network design, management, and troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated experience in enterprise security.
• Cisco CCNP and CCDA or higher certifications.
• A minimum of 10 years technical experience in operations similar to those performed by JDL Technologies.
• A minimum of 3 years in managing or providing direct technical leadership with documented success.
• 5 years of experience in virtualization and related storage.
• Firewall and IPS experience.
• Engineering or other relevant technical degree
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!