- 05-Oct-2013 to 04-Nov-2013 (CST)
- Transition Networks, Inc
- Minnetonka, MN, USA
- Full Time
Improving responsiveness to our customer's needs, product availability and profitability through professional supplier relationships. Success is based upon timely and thorough planning, ordering and follow up. Improve lead times through the implementation of best fit replenishment programs with key sources. Demonstrates excellent communication that contributes to mutually beneficial business relations with our supply base ,and is able to negotiate cost reductions, order quantities and terms that are consistent with corporate strategic goals.
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
• Critical product and materials procurement through our contract manufacturers and OEM partners.
• Analyzing current inventory position, program parameters, forecasts and MRP
• Maintain accurate lead times and costing in the business system while continually driving lead time and cost reductions
• Communications to OEM'S and contract manufacturer's
• Support as needed and primary backup to Master Scheduler, Production Controller and other Buyers.
• Possible domestic and international travel to evaluate new and existing suppliers.
Secondary Responsibilities Primary Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
• Creation and maintenance of work instructions, and other training materials to support the tasks of the position..
• Manage RFQ package distribution, analysis and review for released products.
• Reporting progress and current status of inventory position, liabilities, project completions and others to both internal and external parties.
• Manage the supplier performance requirements for on time delivery and proposed continual improvements
• Projects as needed
• Cost reduction to meet the COGS goal
• Negotiation with Suppliers
Nature & Scope:
• Reports to Supply Chain Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Computer skills: requires proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Demonstrated effective negotiation Skills
• Strong ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Strong knowledge of supply chain management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of product forecasting and demand analysis
• Minimum of 5 years procurement and MRP system experience
• Minimum of a 2 year degree
• Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
• Must demonstrate ability to communicate and negotiate through as aspects of a supplier relationship for the mutual benefit of each party.
• 4 year degree
• Greater than 5 years of progressive, applicable experience in a similar environment and industry.
• Previous experience in Printed Circuit Board and Box Build procurement
• Familiar with ISO 9001 and/or 14001 development environment
• APICS certification
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!